Q: How can I create an image field that let’s you browse to an image or a pictures and insert it into a PDF document?
A: Starting in PDF Studio 12, you can add an Image Fields by going to Forms -> Create/Edit Form
Click Image Button on toolbar and place it on the document
Note: Starting in PDF Studio 10, additional formats (PNG, TIFF, GIF) were added but in earlier versions only JPEG images could be imported.
To add an image field button to your PDF document (using PDF Studio), follow the instructions below.
Creating an Image Import Button
- Open the form that you wish to add the image import button
- On the menu bar select Forms->Create/Edit Form
- This will open up the Form Field Toolbar
- Click on the Push Button icon located on the tool bar
- Once you click on the button you can place the Push Button wherever you need it on the PDF document
- Use the black dots on the corners and edges to resize the shape of the box so that it fits the area that you need
- Once you have completed placing the Push Button you will need to set the action for the push button using the properties menu
- To open the Push Button’s properties menu either double click on the Push Button or right click and select properties.
- Click on the Options tab and enable the button image by selecting any of the formatting options from the Image drop down menu. (Center usually works best)
- Then click OK and OK again to close the button properties
- Repeat steps 1-7 to create as many Image Push Buttons as you need.
- Once complete click on the Stop Form Editing button on the toolbar to close the form editor and then save the document
- Your document is now ready to use and distribute to other users.
Note: Although this function is currently supported by most other PDF viewers, it is not supported by Adobe Reader. Adobe only supports it’s own format known as XFA that can only be created using Adobe LiveCycle Form Designer.