Q: I’m having problems when trying to print with PDF Studio. What can I do?
A: If you’re experiencing issues when printing from PDF Studio, please try our troubleshooting tips below:
- Tip 1: Update to the latest drivers
- This is the most important tip. Download the latest driver for your printer from the manufacturer website. A listing of computer printer manufacturers and links to the drivers pages can be found on this page http://www.computerhope.com/drivers/printers.htm
- Even if you have already used your printer from other applications don’t assume you have the latest drivers. Other applications may use a different driver to connect to your printer so it is possible that your driver needs to be updated.
- Tip 2: Reset your printer
- If your printer used to work in PDF Studio but stopped working:
- Turn off your printer
- Unplug the printer from your computer
- Wait a few minutes
- Plug it back in and turn it back on
- Try again
- Tip 3: Try another printer driver
- Sometimes you will have multiple drivers installed for your printer and will see a list of available printers in the selection dialog. Make sure you try another driver if the first one doesn’t work. For instance with a printer HP Photosmart C series, there are sometimes 2 ways of printing: using the hardwired USB connection or using the wireless connection. On some systems you may see this same printer twice and need to make sure to select the correct connection being used
- Tip 4: Printing under Linux
- Depending on your Linux distribution you may need to complete some additional steps to be able to print or you may need to adjust some settings so that it will print correctly. Below is a list of some help guides to resolve Linux printing issues
If none of the tips above worked for you and you’re still having errors when trying to print with PDF Studio:
- Email us from within PDF Studio from the top menu Help > Email Support. Please do so immediately after trying to print with PDF Studio. This will send us your log file with possible errors logged.