Q: How can I export the form field data in a PDF document into an excel spreadsheet? For example, I want to export all of the contact information fields so that I can sort them in excel.
A: PDF Studio (version 9 and higher) has the ability to export form field data into multiple formats including XML which is compatible with Microsoft Excel. Below are instructions on how to export form field data as an XML and viewing them in Excel.
Exporting Form Field Data as XML in PDF Studio
- Open the document that you wish to export the form field data.
- On the menu bar go to Forms->Export Forms->XML
- Select the location that you wish to save the XML file on your computer and then click Save.
Opening the XML file in Excel
- Open Microsoft Excel
- Go to File->Open and then locate the XML form field data export that you created and open the file.
- Select the option to open the file as an XML Table.
- Your form field data will then be sorted and organized in Excel and you can continue working with the excel sheet as you normally would.