Q: Is there a way to add bates number to a PDF document in PDF Studio?
A: Yes, bates numbering can be added to any PDF using PDF Studio. “Bates Numbering” is used in the legal, medical, and business fields to apply a unique identification number with an additional custom alphanumeric prefix or suffix on documents as they are processed. The unique numbers allows you to easily refer to a specific page of a specific document just by referencing the bates number (i.e. Marbury v. Madison 000436).
How to Add Bates Numbering to PDFs
- Open the PDF you wish to add the bates numbering too
- Go to Document->Header & Footer/Watermark->Add
- Note: To apply bates numbers to a batch of documents go to Batch->Document->Apply Header & Footer/Apply Watermark (See Batch Processing for more details.)
- Set the desired Header & Footer or Watermark options. A name for a profile can also be set during this step to save the settings to be reused later.
- Note: You do not need to create or save a header and footer profile before applying them to a document. To save the current header and footer configuration, click on the Save button and enter a name.
- To add a Bates Number click on the “Bates Number” button below the text field. This will display the bates number format options. Once done, click “Ok” to apply the settings.
- Once complete, to apply the headers & footers or watermarks to the document, click on Apply