Q: I cannot save/save as the document in PDF Studio, how can I solve this issue?
A: When you’re having errors with the saving, please follow our workarounds below:
- Try saving the document in another directory, cloud storage…
- Try printing the file to PDF (using a PDF printer driver) or to the printer to preserve a visual copy of the PDF.
- Make sure your current hard drive/partition is not running out of space.
- If the error is “The process can not access the file because it is being used by another process”, your file might be locked by the operating system.
- If you are using a Webdav service or similar, the temporary file that PDF Studio creates when saving can be a problem. This kind of document management applications require writing directly to the original file to preserve the document history. If you are using such a service, uncheck “use temporary file on save” option under Edit -> Preferences -> General tab.
- Restart PDF Studio and start editing with the help of the original file and your saved PDF printed file (if applicable).
- (PDF Studio 2022 and later) restart PDF Studio and see if you have an auto-save file.
- Try other suggested workarounds for corrupted PDF documents.