Adobe Acrobat is not available under Linux or Unix. After version 6, no version of Adobe Acrobat for Linux or Unix was released.
Even Adobe Reader, the PDF viewer, stopped at version 9 and recent versions (version X, version XI) are not available for download in Linux.
Qoppa’s PDF Studio is a great alternative for Adobe Acrobat on Linux /Unix (Ubuntu, Suse, Solaris, Fedora, AIX and others) and is offered at one third of the price!
Look for the features you need to find the PDF Studio edition that works for you.
PDF Studio Viewer (Free!):
- Render PDF documents with high fidelity
- Supports all fonts
- Supports all images
- Display all types of annotations
- Render form fields
- Render digital signatures
- Render layers
- Better than Preview for rendering PDFs!
- Download PDF Studio Viewer
PDF Studio Standard at $89:
- Review and Annotate Documents
- Create PDFs from MS Word, Image and Text files
- Secure Documents with Passwords and Permissions
- Merge/Split/Assemble Documents
- Add Bookmarks, Watermarks, Headers and Footers
- Advanced Viewing Tools: Loupe, Pan and Zoom, Rulers and Grids
- Download PDF Studio Standard
PDF Studio Pro at $129:
- All Features of PDF Studio Standard, Plus…
- Compare PDFs (side by side or by overlaying them)
- Optimizer PDFs to reduce file size
- Create PDF Forms with the Interactive Form Designer
- Content Editing (Text, Images, and Shapes)
- Batch Process Multiple PDFs
- PDF Splitting & Merging
- Precision Measuring Tools
- Digitally Sign and Certify PDF Documents
- Preflight PDF with PDF/X and PDF/A
- Convert to PDF/A
- Download PDF Studio Pro
PDF Studio works on all Linux distributions and Unix flavors.
PDF Studio also works on Windows and Mac OSX and the same license key can be used on 2 machines of any operating system.