PDF Studio offers the following support for CJK fonts (CJK = Chinese, Japanese, Korean):
- Rendering existing text content within PDF documents.
- Rendering existing text annotations such as free text, typewriter or rubber stamps annotations (as long as the appearance stream is defined in the annotations’ dictionary).
- Adding new and editing existing notes associated with annotations. For free text and typewriter annotations, the text will not display properly on the page.
- Adding new and editing existing bookmarks.
- Adding new and editing existing documents meta tags such as author, subject, title, keywords.
Currently, PDF Studio does NOT support adding text content using CJK fonts within PDF documents which means the following functions are not supported:
- adding new and editing existing text content within PDF documents.
- adding new and editing existing annotations such as free text, typewriter or rubber stamps annotations.
We are working on adding support for these in a future version of PDF Studio.
Also filling interactive form fields will work properly only when the CJK font is embedded in the document (which is the recommended way in the PDF specifications). It will not work when the CJK font is not embedded or only a subset is embedded.