Here are a few tips to improve the OCR results in PDF Studio:
1) Make sure to choose the right language. See available OCR languages.
2) If you have the original paper copy, make sure that, when scanning:
- The text in the scanned page can be read easily. You will need to scan at a resolution that is typically 200 or 300 DPI. Do not scan at a much higher resolution, otherwise your scanned image will be too big and the OCR may produce worse results.
- The scanned pages are straight, not skewed.
- The scanned pages are clean, without too much noise.
3) Make sure to rotate each page (not only the view) so all the pages are “straight” in the document.