Q: How can I import a PDF document as a layer in PDF Studio?
A: PDF Studio allows you to import a separate PDF as a new layer into an existing PDF. This is useful if you want to merge or overlay several PDF documents on top of one another.
Follow the steps below to import a PDF document as a layer:
- Access the layers pane by clicking the Layers button on the left side of the screen. If the document does not contain any layers, you will need to open the layers pane by going to View > Tabs > Layers on the menu.
- Click on the Options button in the top left corner of the layers pane and choose Import PDF as Layer
- Select the PDF file you wish to import as the new layer
- Set the options for the new layer
- Once complete, click OK to create the new layer
Import PDF as Layer Options
Page Range – The range of pages to be cropped
- All Pages: all pages in the document
- Page Range: set the pages to be cropped using the From and To options
- Even Pages Only: only crops the even pages
- Odd Pages Only: only crops the odd pages
Layer – The layer to import the PDF document into. Select <New Layer> to create a new layer
Layer Name – The name of the layer the document will be imported to. If <New Layer> is selected you will need to enter a name for the new layer
Starting at Page – The page within the current document to begin adding the layers
Show on Print – Whether or not the layer will be displayed when the document is printed.
Insert – Choose to insert the layer on top of or behind the current page content