As of PDF Studio 10, on the Mac, the 64bit installer is our recommended installer. It comes packaged with Java 7 64bit.
The 32bit installer which was our recommended installer up till PDF Studio 9 is no longer recommended because it requires Java 6 32bit (which is considered “legacy” on the latest Mac OSX versions…).
Download PDF Studio 10 32bit Installer
Though not the recommended installer, PDF Studio 10 32bit installer is available for download.
Follow the instructions below to install it:
- Make sure you have Java 6 32bit installed on your Mac. For Mac OSX 101.10 Yosemite, read this KB entry.
- Download PDF Studio 10 32bit installer.
- After downloading, the installer should launch automatically and create an icon on the desktop.
- The installer is a standard PackageMaker installer packaged inside a disk image. The operating system should recognize the files and launch the installer automatically.
- If the installer doesn’t start on its own:
- Double click on the installation file PDFStudio_v10_x_x_mac.dmg (where x_x should be replaced with the current version number) to mount the disk image, then double click on the mounted image.
- Finally double click on the installer PDF Studio Installer.
- PDF Studio 10 works on Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.7 (Lion), 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- After installation, the installer should remove the downloaded files automatically. If this does not happen, you can manually drag the files to the trash.