Q: I cannot save the document after using the Protected Folders feature in Windows 10 with Defender Security Center even though I’ve put pdfstudio12.exe into the whitelist of allowed programs. How can I solve this issue?
A: To solve this issue, you will need to white list one additional “.exe” in the installation directory. See additional instructions below:
- Navigate to the installation directory of PDF Studio
- Then go into the “jre” folder and then “bin” folder
- For example “C:\Program Files\PDFStudio12\jre\bin”
- Inside the bin directory look for the “java.exe” and add that to the protected folders white list
- Restart the application and that should resolve the issue.
Note: If you are concerned about Java security, PDF Studio only written in Java and comes packaged with its own separate version that no other application has access to. These instructions white list the Java being used by ONLY PDF Studio. You can read more information about this on our knowledge base here https://kbpdfstudio.qoppa.com/is-pdf-studio-vulnerable-as-a-java-application/